[nagdu] our trip on the USS Intrepid August 9, 2010

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 15:39:08 UTC 2010

Hi all:

Echevarria Travel went with Nelson Echevarria's Company Picnic we do every
year, and this year it was on the USS Intrepid which is now a Sea and Air
Museum.  I plan on writing something up for the Harness up and for the
Braille Monitor.

This is a little something to have fun with.  The USS Intrepid was in
service for the US Navy from 1943-1974 from World War II, Korea, Vietnam and
the Cold War, she also assisted with the NASA Space program.

It is very accessible for all disabilities including the blind, the only
part of the Intrepid you cannot go is the Growler Submarine, unfortunately
it is not accessible since it is an actual submarine and a wheelchair would
not be able to go through it, very tight quarters, so Nelson we through,
Maxx and I went on our own tour with other friends of ours and since they
give you a device similar to a large MP3 player and headphones, which give a
full description of the museum, when you walk past something it
automatically goes on and tells you what you are in front of.  The Planes
and Helicopters and the Space Capsules were awesome.  Also a side note here,
on extremely hot days the upper deck of the Intrepid where the Concorde is
held and other planes, fighters and Coast Guard Planes, it is very hot, the
floor of the flight deck is hotter then the street so remember this with
your guide dogs.

We have videos that are descriptive as much as possible, the ones I am in
anyway, nelson doesn't like talking on Camera so you may here others talking
of where you are.  They are listed on both youtube.com which you can search
for me my id name is angeldn3 or on my facebook page.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646

http://Echevarriatravel.com
1-866-580-5574
skype: angeldn3

Reservations at echevarriatravel.com
Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise and Travel Inc.