[nagdu] Update on Eye Dog Foundation

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 22:06:35 UTC 2010

Hi every one,I have been keeping in touch with Diana Anderson,one of the
Puppy Raisers for the Eye Dog Foundation.. After the death of my first
guide,Lily, I contacted the EDF by phone and email to apply for a dog.I have
contacted them many times over the years and never received any answers
back. That is only one of the reasons that I continued to owner train my own
dogs with the help of a trainer.The other reasons are that I can not travel
far from my home and I am a wheel chair user. In my correspondence with EDF,
I did mention that I was a wheelchair user and asked if they would consider
training a dog for me.Alas, never got any answers to my many inquiries.After
hearing about all the problems associated with the Eye Dog Foundation and
talking to Diana about the situation, she has kept me updated from time to
time. Recently, there have been 2 gentlemen that applied for dogs from EDF.
One received the dog that Diana raised and the other gentleman was denied
his dog just before graduation. He was escorted out the front gate and left
there to wait over 2 hours until he could get a ride
home.I do not know the reasons for this.The gentleman who did receive a dog
is very unsatisfied with the training that his dog received,and feels that
the dog is unsafe.We are all working together to get EDF shut down as a
fraudulent charity.We do not know how many others have contacted EDF and
received no contact back, but only 2 dogs have been "trained" and only 1
placed in 3 years.Still other dogs have remained in the kennel untrained and
unplaced. Marion, Diana wanted me to contact you about this matter and I
will call you.   Mardi and Shaman and Nala,retired.
--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/