[nagdu] PA HB 1254

Passle Helminski passle at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 28 15:13:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

FYI.

Passle

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/news/ci_15912655

<http://tinyurl.com/2fwp2nj>http://tinyurl.com/2fwp2nj

Animal cruelty: Next battle, free dogs from tethers
ELIZABETH EVANS The York Dispatch
Updated: 08/27/2010 01:22:35 PM EDT

Another dog fight is brewing in Pennsylvania.

Animal-rights advocates are supporting House Bill 1254, which would
outlaw the continuous chaining -- called tethering -- of dogs.

The effort is supported by the Humane Society of the United States,
according to Sarah Speed, the Humane Society's Pennsylvania state director.

"It's a very hot issue that's getting a lot of attention right now,"

Speed said. "I would like to see a bill that goes farther. ... We'd like
to see some changes made. I've been having ongoing meetings with the
House Judiciary Committee to work on it."

The proposal would outlaw tethering between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6
a.m., with 15-minute exemptions.......

NAIA News
National Animal Interest Alliance