[nagdu] UK: Sutton police rescue snow bound blind woman and her guide dog

Ginger Kutsch gingerKutsch at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 11:38:40 UTC 2010

Sutton police rescue snow bound blind woman and her guide dog
11:52am Wednesday 1st December 2010
http://www.suttonguardian.co.uk/news/8713106.Police_rescue_snow_b
ound_blind_woman_and_her_guide_dog/

A blind woman and her guide dog were rescued by police after
becoming stranded in the snow.

Inspector Stuart Hinks and a colleague were on patrol in their
marked police 4x4 when they saw the woman, aged in her 30s with
her guide dog on Tuesday at 2pm.

The woman told the officers she had become stranded at the
railway station on her way home from work.

Inspector Stuart Hinks, said: "The woman told us she would have
struggled to get home without our help in the slippery, snowy
conditions."

"She only accepted a lift after we showed her the Braille strip
below the crest on our warrant cards to prove we were police
officers - this is the first time I have ever used this."