[nagdu] New city TLC cab policy blind to needs of disabled

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 5 17:10:49 UTC 2010

Mark,

Good points.  Also, he just got his dog 2 weeks ago.

Besides, the points about how the situation would affect people with
mobility disorders and the like are very valid.  It's not just a blind
person thing.

Anyway, even if one does has the experience and skill to navigate the area,
given the way it was described, that sounds like a ridiculously dangerous
thing to have to do because of bureaucratic idiocy.

Actually, what it sounded like to me is that the city's (or whatever's)
policies are actively in the way of the man's previously independent travel.

Just my early morning (ish) thoughts. /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney