[nagdu] New city TLC cab policy blind to needs of disabled

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 19:03:11 UTC 2010

The whole point is, this sort of story creates a story; we don't know all
the circumstances, as Mark said. The guy may have other issues going on that
were not stated; couold be a recently blinded man with his first guide dog
and who doesn't believe he can do this. People under even other
circumstances might have a problem. I would. I am intimidated by lots and
lots of traffic, but I travel relatively well. The cab he usually hooks up
with is no longer welcome there and that is a problem for the guy. I think
that we cannot condemn people unequivocally without knowing their whole
situation, and I think many of us, poster included, have been very quick to
do this.

Cindy