[nagdu] a couple questions

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Mon Dec 6 19:14:17 UTC 2010

Terra,

Welcome to the list!  I love your name!  I'm Julie, one of the moderators.
I'm working with Monty, my owner trained Boxer and Lab mix.

Don't worry about all the conflicting opinions.  You will find the program
that is right for you.  If you stick around long enough you'll hear the most
horrible things about a particular program and 30 seconds later you'll be
reading glowing reviews.  I've never been to any of the guide dog programs
so I haven't a clue which one is best.  I would highly suggest that you make
a list of everything that is important to you like:
ownership, breeds of dogs, length of training, instructor to student ratio,
quality of food served, area of the country, availability of home training,
or whatever else is important to you.
Then compare that list to what the various programs have to offer.  anyway
that's what I'd do if I were in the market for a guide dog from a program.

Best of luck!
Julie