[nagdu] responsible handling and ownership

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 8 21:51:29 UTC 2010

Jenine,
    In the first two scenarios, whether the individual owns the dog or not,
I would contact the animal services office that has legal jurisdiction over
such matters. They are competent to objectively assess the situation. A
training program with a vested interest in the dog cannot do so with the
same objectivity. In the third scenario, it is my non-expert opinion that
the applicant, in signing the application, affirms that the information is
true and correct to the best of their knowledge. If they lie on the
application, all other agreements, including ownership agreements are most
likely null and void. The training program, under these circumstances, would
be fully within their legal right to repossess the dog. We do have some
legal eagles on this list and would be interested to know their expert
opinion!

Fraternally yours,
Marion