[nagdu] Brushing

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 07:47:10 UTC 2010

Tracy,

My non-shedding poodle has me so totally spoiled!  I do have to remember to
brush off the hair Daisy sheds onto her, though, before I go in anyplace.
/smile/

I still adore shepherds, but in thinking of what I want for my next dog, I
find I mentally steer away from them because of their shedding...  The
solution, of course, would be to be super-duper diligent about brushing and
bathing, which would be no great hardship.

I'm just sayin'.  It's nice sometimes to just wipe the surface dirt off the
poodle and zoom out the door without worrying about whether she's going to
make a mess.

She makes up for the non-shedding with other poodly ways, but I don't have
to have a coronary when she comes out from under the table in the restaurant
and gives a quick shake before taking me to the door.  /smile/

In my opinion, really, the key is knowing your dog and being aware of its
impact on those around you, especially in public environments or other
people's homes.  We will not talk about the time I had to give my poodle
three baths before I would think of bringing her into my own home to give
her a few more baths with vinegar and stuff.   /lol/  The downside to off
leash training is that you have to give your dog freedom to learn to obey
you...  Or take a flying leap into a stinky swamp and refuse to come out
until all the really nasty stuff has had time to soak into her coat.  Good
thing we didn't have to come home and do a quick change to head out for a
fancy dress ball, huh?  /grin/

Okay, it's late, I'm stupid, and the dogs are bugging me to shut off the
computer and get to bed for snuggles.  Nag, nag, nag, that's all they ever
do.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney