[nagdu] First Amendment (was "To Jordan", etc.)

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Dec 10 18:05:58 UTC 2010

Atually, the First Amendment doesn't even apply here. The administrators of the list can allow or disallow any speech they like; see the beginning of the amendment, "Congress shall not...", doesn't say a thing about private parties. In other words, you're allowed to say anything you like, but we're not obligated to give you a platform.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY

On Dec 10, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Marsha Drenth wrote:

> Jordan,
>
> The First Amendment gives you the right of free speech, as well to express
> your opinion. But the First Amendment DOES not give you the right to tell
> others their opinions are wrong. If you would like to read below, as I have
> included our first Amendment:
>
> "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
> prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
> or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
> petition the Government for a redress of grievances"
>
> Now with that said, you have been asked numerous times to be nice, and to
> respect others. If a moderator tells you to do such, then it is in your best
> advice to do such. I am frankly getting tired of your disrespectful
> attitude.
>
> Marsha Drenth
> List Moderator

>>> liable.