[nagdu] what is a good guide dog handler?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 22:34:39 UTC 2010

This is so funny.  I don't think Julie J could have said it better.  I
have been thinking about this a lot lately because I get criticized
for being to strict with my dog.  "Can't she have any treats?"

"No.  Not unless I have proven first that they won't hurt her stomach."

Of course, she has the run of the fernature, so I'm not a completely
mean mommy, but I do get it a lot from different people, especially
sighted dog owners, who don't think she is a "real" dog.  What does
that even mean?

One of my favorite dog trainers at GEB told me that the food doesn't
matter, none of the details really matter, as long as you love your
dog.  When you love yoru dog, the other stuff just happens.  You will
take care of your dog the way you need to, no matter what they tell
you to do.

And, no toilet water for Brie!  Only because I think it's nasty.  Lol!