[nagdu] Guide dog starter age

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 2 12:51:41 UTC 2010

Dear All,
    I had a dog - admittedly a pet - at the age of 9. I am not sure that I
was always as attentive to its needs as I should have been! I am certain
that my parents had to pick up quite a bit of my slack in caring for my dog!
I think a service animal for a 9-year-old is definitely too young! I believe
that a responsible 14 year old may be able to handle the responsibility, but
not much younger! JMHO!
Fraternally yours,
Marion