[nagdu] Guide dog starter age

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 2 17:07:09 UTC 2010

Charlene,

Ooh!  Would you mind having him write me off list about his dobie guides?
Unless he or you want to share on the list.  We do have one dobie guide
user, and absolutely love hearing about her girl.

Without breaking my absolute denial that I will ever have to worry about a
next dog (Mitzi will live forever and will always be perfect; that's the
plan), I find myself rotating my #1 breed choice between poodle, dobie and
shepherd.  If/when I owner-train again (and I probably will, but you never
know), I will seek out a good candidate among one or all of those breeds.
And probably end up with something entirely different I just happen to run
across at the pound.  /smile/

Still, one can never plan too far ahead.  I would love to hear more about
how dobies are as guide dogs, if there are breed traits that make them
different from the other usual breeds, etc.  I've gotten to spend time
observing a few here and there at the dog park, and their owners of course
love to answer questions about their dogs.  /smile/

For now, I'll stick like glue to my poodle.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney