[nagdu] Guide Dog Obedience

Michelle m-johnson at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 5 22:09:18 UTC 2010

The vet has found Troy to be in perfect health since last year when I took
him a few times. A few days ago I took him to the vet just to get a
measuring cup for his shampoo and they say he looks very well.

To clear up anything that I may have not explained properly, I don't mean
that I put washing in the laundry before letting Troy drink and stuff like
that. If I know Troy needs a drink and the door is closed because of air
conditioning and I open the door to go and check his water dish before
letting him to drink, or if someone has to quickly go into the laundry and
then walk out, we expect a sit stay for about a minute and then let Troy go
in for a drink, otherwise there's not enough room for the dog and us.

I'll encourage him to drink a lot more water during the day, although he
does get very strong-willed about not drinking until later on... Troy is a
funny dog! He waits until he's very thirsty before he drinks.

Hope this clears anything up for you all,

Michelle