[nagdu] Dog names

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sat Feb 6 01:21:39 UTC 2010

I was told by a GDB graduate that GDB didn't use chocolate Labs because they
weren't as good as the black or yellow ones. But, maybe they just don't have
them.

If it is true about the bloodlines, they would have to have only breeding
stock that has either a family tree of only black or yellow genes. Lots of
times a black Lab with yellow genes can welp chocolates - chocolates must
have both black and yellow genes to make the brown color.  They have to be
occasionally bred to black Labs to keep the chocolate color dark and rich.

Lyn and Landon