[nagdu] Dog names

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Sat Feb 6 03:06:00 UTC 2010

HI All,

I've been having fun reading this thread.

Sundance, that name took a while to grow on me too.  And at first I kept
getting it wrong, Sunshine, Sunset,  Sunflower, Sun...
whatever-your-name-is.  I told our trainer she'd probably end up being
called Sunny a lot, and he said she would take it.  But now I think the name
suits her to a tee and can't imagine her with any other name.  She is a
strawberry blond golden retriever with a very happy, outgoing, sunny
personality, and when she is very excited she does this twirling happy
dance.  I especially love her name after hearing from her raiser how she
came by it, a very special story.  I wouldn't change it for the world.
Though she still does get called Sunny a lot... and Sunny Bunny, and Silly
Dance,  among other such variations.

I'm curious, has anyone ever gotten a dog with the same name as someone in
their immediate family?  What would you do in an instance like that?  There
was a guy in my class, who sat at my table in fact, who got a dog named
Bradley, which is my brother's name.  My first dog's name was Megan, and had
my sister's second child been a girl, she was considering the name Megan.  I
think my sister was pregnant when I left for school.  But we got Ryan
instead, which is just fine. <smile>

Just for the record, Marion, I really like Sarge as a name for a shepherd
too.  Very fitting somehow.

AnnaLisa and Sundance