[nagdu] Blind vet tech

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sun Feb 7 00:48:40 UTC 2010

Isn't Sara B. from Wisconsin a vet tech?  Or is in school and soon will be.
Hopefully she will read this and respond.

I also believe that GDB employs blind people that work in the kennels.  I
talked with someone a few years ago looking for info on blindness
alternatives in animal care.  Her name was something like Lisa, but that's
not quite right.  She was involved with the GDB pilot program to employ
blind people in direct health care positions.

I did go to college once upon a time to study veterinary technology.  I
ended up changing to sociology.  I also had zero blindness skills when I
went to college the first time, so it's not too much of a surprise that it
didn't work out so well. *smile*  But I would be happy to tell you all the
things that I learned in college and since if you think it would be helpful.
I also imagine that a lot has changed since I went to college...almost 20
years ago now.  Wow do I feel old!

Best of luck!
Julie