[nagdu] Dog names, Sundance

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Mon Feb 8 19:16:59 UTC 2010

Hi Annalisa,
That was a neat story about how Sundance got her name.  At Seeing Eye, the
puppy raisers don't name the pups - Seeing Eye does.  We also don't get to
meet puppy raisers.

Landon has been a popular boy's name for several years now and that's
probably where Seeing Eye got that name.  And I got the dog named Landon.
There is a little boy across the street from my Mom and Dad's and his name
is Landon.  The two Landons have not met yet.

I like the actor, Michael Landon of the TV shows,"Bonanza", "Little House On
The Prairie", and he was connected with some other shows before he died.

I liked the name for my dog. He and I have names that start with L and we
both have the same shade of red hair!  No, it wasn't planned that way! LOL
The instructor had two dogs in mind for me, Hugo or Landon.  After the Juno
walks, they decided on Landon for me.  A classmate got Hugo.  Turns out that
Hugo had a medical condition that wasn't discovered until he went home with
his person. Hugo was retired a few month after going home.  The man has
since returned to Seeing Eye and has a new dog.  I'm glad I got Landon!

Lyn and Landon