[nagdu] Imporant information on the cruise for all

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 10 13:33:05 UTC 2010

Norwegian Cruise Lines for those that are joining us, or who are telling others about the cruise.  There are many things I am working on and the services that NCL is offering us as well.

There is going to be a certain separate part of the ship for our dogs that go to the bathroom, there are also going to be boxes available upon request for your staterooms, for those that have never cruised, the rooms very in size depending on the stateroom you book, some are small and might not fit in the room and might have to taken into consideration when making plans once on ship.

You cannot forward dog food, or luggage to the ship, since they cannot store items prior to sailing.

Passports are needed and must be valid up to 6 months after traveling.  Getting a passport is not a hard thing to get, just you can download the .PDF document which I will put the link here   http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html<http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html>

fill it out, print it out and take it to your post office I would suggest calling your local post office to find out dates and times that they do the passports.  Get your picture taken at either Rite Aid, Walmart, Target, whichever has the one hour photos prior to going to the post office, it is much cheaper than paying $30 to the post office to take your pictures.

waiting time is usually 6 weeks, but Nelson and I got ours back in 3 weeks, all depends in all paperwork is in order.

If you are traveling with your guide dog, St. Maarten and St. Thomas just need a copy of a recent paperwork of vaccinations this is primarily for immigration issues but they are welcome for the NASSAU part of the trip and form must be filled out.

Here is th exact wording on the bahamas.com website:  Please note there is no fee for service animals.

You may bring your pet into The Islands Of The Bahamas, but you need to make preparations before your departure. An import permit is required from the Ministry of Agriculture and Marine Resources (Nassau) for all animals being brought into any island. The permit is valid for one year from the date of issue. Applications for such permits, stating the kind of animal, breed, age, sex and country of embarkation (along with a $10 processing fee), must be made in writing. There is no fee for service dogs, e.g. seeing-eye dogs.

here is the link to this page:
http://www.bahamas.com/vacation-planning/pets<http://www.bahamas.com/vacation-planning/pets>

Go to the bottom of the page there is a link for the application.  So please do this as soon as you make your reservation with me.

Other information will follow in future e-mails on other items, but these are the important issues to consider for the travel.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Contractor
http://Echevarriatravel.com<http://echevarriatravel.com/>
1-866-580-5574