[nagdu] ITCHY DRY SKIN

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 17:04:44 UTC 2010

Hi Cheryl,

I have found a couple of things to work well depending of the weather, the
dog and probably a few other things I don't remember. First, I often sprits
my dogs with a conditioner product for dogs which has oil in it. I have also
used the water and bath oil mixture. It's something like one to 1.5 ounces
to a quarter of water, either will work but make sure that it's a hypo
allergenic so that you don't create other problems. I've also put a small
amount of corn oil or fish oil on my dogs food to give them moisture in the
skin. I only give my dogs one bath a year and make sure that it includes a
shampoo which contains a moisturizer in it. Then, good old brushing brings
the oils to the surface of the skin as well as a massage. This is assuming
that there haven't been any new chemicals added to the dog's environment
like a different product to clean the rugs, floor, clothing or the like. I
had a golden who got exema and I have to give her steroids on occasion to
give her some relief but I don't like to use that sort of drug, or any
other, unless it's necessary.