[nagdu] Explaining to parents that guide dogs are useful

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:11:04 UTC 2010

Dan W,

My mom claims to be terrified of dogs, but yet we have a pet dog.  My
parents claim that a guide dog will smell, then I point out that if you take
care of it properly it won't. Then I point out people we know with guide
dogs that don't smell. My dad's response to this is to tell this story of
his friend's son's roommate's friend had a roommate with a smelly guide dog.
This happened so long ago, and is so far removed from the situation that I
can't see how it possibly has any bearing on the current situation. Also
that story is so convoluted that is impossible to verify. And the argument
goes on and on Ad nauseam. It is getting to the point that I think they are
just attempting to exorcize there ability to make arbitrary decisions.