[nagdu] Explaining to parents that guide dogs are useful

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:57:13 UTC 2010

Hi Mark,

You may need to wait until you are out on your own before you can get
a guide dog.  That is what I had to do.
When I told my parents that I was getting a guide dog, they were not
supportive.  My mother was very angry and was predicting my failure
and loss of independent function.  I got a guide dog anyway because I
was living in my own place by that time, and eight months after I got
my dog, I went to a family event and it was my mother who was the most
crazy about my dog.  I've had dogs for twelve years now (OMG I am so
old) and she loves them.

However at first, before I got the dog, she was the biggest and most
vocal opponent.

Hang in there.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It's wildly irritating to have invented something as revolutionary as
sarcasm, only to have it abused by amateurs." -- Christopher Moore
pawpower4me at gmail.com

Windows Live Only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl Yahoo: lillebriss