[nagdu] Explaining to parents that guide dogs are useful

Charlene Ota caota at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Feb 11 03:01:15 UTC 2010

My Mom doesn't like animals in the house and since I live far from her and
don't see her very often, she wondered why I would need a guide dog. She
never argued about having my boy in the house and even ended up liking him
when I went to visit her. They often don't understand for a lot of reasons.
If you don't live with them, it shouldn't really be a major part of your
decision, but I guess if you still live with them, you have to deal with the
issues. Do you have a friend with a guide dog that could come and show them
how the dog works and what a great mobility aid that dog would be to you?

Charlene