[nagdu] Catching up /She has bitten me 3 times Possible new dog/ Blind vet tech / itchy dry skin

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 07:33:49 UTC 2010

Hey, Mardi!  Good to see you again.  I hope Shaman is doing well in his
recovery.

I just met a couple of red huskies at the park.  Gordgeous.  Also an
Icelandic Sheepdog pup who is very red.  I had never heard of them before,
but he is very husky-like, except for a very foxy face.  From what I could
tell when he had time to stop playing to jump up on me.  I got a fairly good
look in the sunshine and a nice feel of the coat before I remembered to urge
him down so I wouldn't be teaching him bad manners.

Good luck with your new red girl!  Daisy was a fear/anxiety biter still when
I moved in with my poodle -- which gave Daisy lots of anxiety.  /smile/  I
found working with her fairly intimidating at first, since fear aggression
comes on with no warning.  She's doing great now, and I have learned the
early warning signs that she may be going off kilter, as well as what is
likely to trigger an increase in her anxiety.  Those triggers seem to be
having far less effect on her and some even have none.  Wow!

You already know about the time and patience it takes to get there.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney