[nagdu] differences between caring for pets and guides

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Feb 13 14:41:49 UTC 2010

I think which breeds are best behaved or good in crowds, isn't so much a
breed thing as it is an individual dog thing.

Be very, very detailed in the information you give to the guide dog program
you choose, so they can have all possible information when they choose a dog
for you.  They will take into account your lifestyle and the strengths of
various dogs to make the best match possible.

My guess is that you will get a lab, because you are young, it is your first
guide and labs are overwhelmingly the majority of available guide dogs.
I've been wrong before though! *smile*

HTH
Julie