[nagdu] Does anyone know if you can claim your guide dog

Ginger Kutsch gingerKutsch at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 14 16:36:26 UTC 2010

Dear Cheryl,

Here's an excerpt from the IRS Publication 502 (2009), Medical
and Dental Expenses
http://www.irs.gov/publications/p502/ar02.html

Guide Dog or Other Service Animal
You can include in medical expenses the costs of buying,
training, and maintaining a guide dog or other service animal to
assist a visually-impaired or hearing-impaired person, or a
person with other physical disabilities.

Also, if your employer offers a Flexible Spending Account (FSA),
you can use those funds to pay for your dog's expenses.

Ginger