[nagdu] calling the program was researching programs

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Sun Feb 14 17:03:30 UTC 2010

Julie,

In the profession in which I work, we have had a couple of situations where
persons using mobility devices, especially wheelchairs , are reported to our
Human Services department (APS) as they are attempting to cross a busy
highway or intersection.  I would tend to believe that this is a perceptual
issue that surrounds the stigma of persons with apparent disabilities in
that they are incapable of pursuing something independently like their
non-disabled counterparts.

JMO,

Steve