[nagdu] Gentle leader adjustments

Jordan Frances Ortiz ortizj32 at students.rowan.edu
Tue Feb 16 14:41:30 UTC 2010

Michelle wrote:
> Hi guys, do any of you use a gentle leader with your guide dog? The reason I asked this question is because I'd like to know exactly how tight or loose to make it, so then my guide dog can't take it off his nose with his paws. And how do I stop him from pulling it so then the bit around his head doesn't pull loose?
>
> Michelle

The gentle leader should be tight, but loose enough for the dog to drink
his water.  The gentle leader should be snug to the back of their ears.
I think they'll allways be able to squirm enough to get the nose strap
off (smile).  Viola can't stand her gentle leader.  It embarrasses her,
and hurts her feelings.  She won't let anyone see her face when its on.
Which makes it a little difficult to work her with it on.  She's never
gotten out of it though.
Jordan and Viola