[nagdu] Belle

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Wed Feb 17 17:42:40 UTC 2010

Annalisa,

Thank you for your consideration of my feelings and for caring. No, it
doesn't hurt as much, although I still get tears in my eyes when I think of
her. I miss her very much. But, to be honest, I get tears when I think or
talk about any of my dogs. They all have a very special place in my heart
which they earned.

Belle was only eight-and-a-half years old. She had a liver disease which
came on very quickly causing her to drop weight, stop eating and become very
listless. We gave her medication to help with the acidity in her stomach but
nothing else was warranted. I make a pack with each of my dogs that I will
give them the most respect and the best care that I can for their life. I
will not prolong their lives or do anything to give them pain for my sake
and there just wasn't anything to be done. It's funny, I used to joke that
she was eight going on two. Now, I'm going to be reminded in real time of
what it's like to be with a two year old. I plan to return within the next
two months but haven't been given that absolute confirmation. I'm already
dreaming about meeting my new partner, but the gender and the breed changes.
This is good because I don't want to get my heart set on a particular breed
or gender. After all, it's not fare to the dog either. They stuck with me
too.