[nagdu] guide dogs

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 00:21:37 UTC 2010

I can understand why they might tell you that, but then again, if
you're really concerned, you could always ask to leave a message with
whatever training supervisor is there during the time you call, and
they will definitely call you back. Don't worry too much about it
though since they're right. You will get all your questions answered
while in training. You can always request a home visit within the
first few months if you would like for them to check up on how you're
doing. I think that this is already done by design anyway for new dog
users. This is one thing that has changed since I got my first dog. I
was fortunate enough to have an instructor come out to see me within
the first 2 weeks of me returning home the last time since I had
specific worries about my work environment and how my dog might adjust
to that, as well as other concerns of being able to use a dog after
not having used one for over 10 years.

Remember though, an dhtis goes for anyone going for their first dog or
considering a dog: the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. So
ask away, both when you get into training and here on this list.

Wayne