[nagdu] nagdu

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Feb 21 01:15:08 UTC 2010

Jennifer,
Well, if yoiu live at home and also own a cat, sounds like you can certainly
own a dog.

I'd get the dog if that's what you want.  You say your Mom is concerned with
you stepping in poop in your house - well how about when the cat hawks up a
hairball!  I still remember when we were kids we were all asleep and all of
a sudden my younger sister let out this blood chilling scream. After we all
had the crap scared out of us we discovered that my sister had gotten up to
use the bathroom and stepped in a soggy hairball in the hallway with her
bare feet.  We all laughed about it next morning. LOL

I keep my dogs on either a tiedown or in his crate at night so if he has an
accident because he's sick and he couldn't wake me, he can't spread diahrrea
all over the entire house.  That is so bad because the smell permeates
everywhere and you can't locate the mess where the smell is from.  The smell
is equally strong everywhere!  I had to get my neighbor to help me find the
multiple messes.

Your Mom thinks you are responsible and capable with your own care and the
cat's care and you can do what it takes to live alone in an apartment?  If
this is the case, why is she making such a fuss over something that will
enhance the independence you already have?

Also, you are an adult, unlike the young high school student on this list.
You have the right to do as you please as long as it's legal and
responsible.

Good luck on your neew dog! (grin!)

Lyn and Landon