[nagdu] seeing eye

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Feb 21 01:24:29 UTC 2010

Jennifer,
The Seeing Eye uses a carpet mat for the dogs to sleep on.  Some dogs will
do better in a crate.

On my class, Landon got a crate because he kept getting my clothes off my
bed while I was in the shower and I had nowhere else to tie him to keep hiom
off the bed.  So, they gave me a crate to use while on class.  While at
Seeing Eye, I ordered a crate and had is shipped home.

Another dog would cry and howl while on the tiedown and mat.  they gave him
a crate to sleep in and all was quiet after that.

The crates they use are the soft sided ones with the zipper door and it can
fold down flat for transport.   These crates are no good for dogs that will
chew or dig their way out - they'd bust the zipper door.

Lyn and Landon