[nagdu] seeing eye

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 04:10:49 UTC 2010

Jennnifer,

Back in the day, I got a letter with the class date notification and
all related paperwork to read over. That was back in 95. However, in
2008 when I was notified, it was via email and all the related
documents were attached. I still have that message and attachments and
periodically go back and read it again and remember. You can probably
request a phone call, but they will likely either email and/or snail
mail you the material abouta month before your actual class date.
About the same time or 2-3 weeks before hand, they wil express mail
you the plane tickets, or they may send that information in a separate
email. I received an express mail package in 1995 with my tickets, but
I think I got the same information in the initial notification email
message, or another message soon afterward. For what it's worth, I
even called their admissions person to ask about weather conditions
and average temperatures during the time I went in the start and
middle September time frame. This person had a chart sitting nearby
with all of the averages of weather and temperatures throughout the
whole year. So they think of everything. Though The Seeing Eye doesn't
do this next thing, I've heard that some schools will have the
instructor call you before you even arrive to go over some initial
training stuff or get a feel for what you might have in mind for
doggie preferences and the like.

Wayne