[nagdu] guide dogs

d m gina dmgina at samobile.net
Mon Feb 22 15:17:33 UTC 2010

Reading your messages, you will have to get a tough skin with your new dog.
Your family is out to ruin your dog and they will if you give them the
first chance.
It seems to me they have no respect for your feelings, this is normal
for many families.
We are here for you when this happens.
Now if I understand correctly you are on your own, so I would just say
if they don't respect you, then you don't need to do anything with the family.
yes they will decide for you when you can and can't take the dog with
you for  Arron's so just keep this in mind as well.
I am not out to be harsh here, where you need to take a huge stand.
You need to know you have to correct your dog in front of the family
when needed.
Eye contact is one of the first things a dog looks for.
Because the trainer starts off with eye contact.
Then they start working the dog with out eye contact since we blind
folks are not able to do this for the dog.
Just giving you thoughts to think about.
yes it is good to read what all we can and can't do, but just know if
you are not strong to stand up to your family then let me be the first
one to say forget getting a dog.

--
--Dar
skype