[nagdu] opps sorry

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 18:59:54 UTC 2010

That's okay.  I think we have another lister from this neck of the woods, as
well.

Love downtown Portland, but those street dogs are something I listen for and
prepare for.  I did like the way the trainer handled things and the way he
expressed the issues when it comes to attacks on guide dogs.  The fact that
GDB is working with the police and city officials on the issue is great for
us regular guide dog users, since we will now have a better chance of
getting a good response from the authorities if we do run into trouble.  Or
if trouble runs into us, rather.  Sigh.  I have my critter trained to go
behind me in case of danger and let me be the alpha dog and protect the
pack.  What she would actually do, given her natural protective instincts, I
don't really know.  It's not the sort of thing one can truly practice.

I just hope we and others don't have to find out!

Tami Smith-Kinney