[nagdu] Advocacy Seminar with Montrose Travel

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Sat Feb 27 15:06:33 UTC 2010

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for speaking on our behalf and for letting us know. If only people
would treat us the same it would solve most of the problems. I love it when
I come through an airport and someone asks me, if I would like to take
advantage of any of the services or assistance offered rather than saying,
your assistant is coming, stand there. Then, I have to say politely than I
don't need any help thank you. More and more often the issue is dropped
there which is wonderful. When I get annoyed is when individuals decide that
they know better than me and don't want to listen or take no for an answer.
I have found that a big smile and a patient, "Thank you so much for offering
this service but I am experienced in this sort of travel and will ask for
any assistance when I need it", usually works.

Thanks again.