[nagdu] NFB Constitution Article II Purpose

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 3 20:13:18 UTC 2010

Hello Jeanette and everyone, and listers,

    Below is the text of Article II of the NFB Constitution. Our purpose is
spelled out very clearly. Here it is:

ARTICLE II. PURPOSE

The purpose of the National Federation of the Blind is to serve as a vehicle
for collective action by the blind of the nation; to function as a mechanism
through which the blind and interested sighted persons can come together in
local, state, and national meetings to plan and carry out programs to
improve the quality of life for the blind; to provide a means of collective
action for parents of blind children; to promote the vocational, cultural,
and social advancement of the blind; to achieve the integration of the blind
into society on a basis of equality with the sighted; and to take any other
action which will improve the overall condition and standard of living of
the blind.

Peter Donahue