[nagdu] soft sided dog crates

Allison Nastoff anastoff at wi.rr.com
Mon Jan 4 16:23:02 UTC 2010

Hi List,
My parents and I do a fair amount of traveling, especially to
Indiana to visit family.  Gilbert enjoys traveling, but my
parents and I haven't enjoyed having to disassemble and
reassemble his crate every time.  Occupaws said that Gilbert had
been crate trained, and wanted him to sleep in the crate at
night, and they provided me with two of the traditional metal
crates with the plastic tray for the floor.  One was a big crate
for home, and the other was smaller, and the smaller crate has
been the one I use for traveling.  But even the small crate is
difficult to assemble, and takes up a lot of room in the car.
The trainer did mention during training that there are soft
crates we could get if we wanted to, and that they were very easy
to travel with, but we just haven't gotten around to shopping for
one.  But since I just returned from another trip with this
crate, I really think it is time to invest in a soft crate to
make the next trip easier.
But before my parents and I go shopping for a crate, I was
wondering if anyone on this list has any personal experience
using soft sided crates and has any feedback as far as what
brands of crates have worked well for you or brands to avoid, as
well as how much these crates cost.  I have no idea what is out
there as far as types of soft crates because we have always used
metal ones, so any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you.
Allison Nastoff