[nagdu] Lions clubs questions

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Sun Jan 10 13:25:13 UTC 2010

Hi Cheryl,

All three of my guides have been Lion-sponsored, and I myself am a Lion.
Just a couple of thoughts to start you off in the right direction.

1.  You may want to jump on the NFB Lion's list-serve
2.  You may want to start by approaching your Lion's District Governor
3.  You may want to attend a Zone meeting, but connecting with your Lion's
district Gov. will be important.

The make-up of the Lion's is unique as it is set-up in Districts.  For
instance, my Lion's District, 27-D2 is comprised of almost 50 clubs 2with
well over 2000 members.  To go through each club would take a lot of effort,
and to be honest, going through the route previously mentioned might be
best. As far as getting the biggest bang for the buck, there are zone
meeting, district conventions and State conventioins which would draw the
greatest crowds.

Would you be approaching from the united dog guide front, or for one
particular organization for fund-raising?

Hope this helps,

Steve