[nagdu] Legislative Consideration

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 17 14:49:51 UTC 2010

Julie,
    Though it is incumbant upon a person claiming protection under the ADA
to show that they are a "qualified person with a disability" should
litigation result, I believe it is less difficult to prove whether a service
animal has been trained to perform tasks that mitigate a person's
disability. The person, for instance we sw in a grocery store with her
pocket dog in the cart or the one with the dog in her purse at WalMart, are
examples of individuals abusing the provisions. I agree with Anne that the
key is education; at the same time, such educational efforts can be enhanced
by legal penalties.

Fraternally yours,
Marion