[nagdu] legislation, education & sugar ray

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Thu Jan 21 19:40:08 UTC 2010

Tami,
Really cool story about Daisy and her "approving" you and Mitzi to join her
household! It's so, so good when we can rescue a dog and then help them to
recover from the horrible life they had previously.

These rescued dogs seem to sense that we are the reason they are having a
better life. It's the same with kids!  My neice and her husband "rescued"
the kids the husband never kneew he had - the result of a previous
relationship. They found out about these two little girls when a social
worker found him after the girls were abandoned by their mother.

Like the dogs, these little girls were in a drastic situation with little
more than the tattered clothes on their backs, living in filth, and no
education.  When my niece and husband found out they went to another state
to get them.  They were very scared and had no reason to think life would
improve.  Like Daisy, they soon found out that life could be good!  They are
coming out of their shells, have their own bedrooms, all the clothes, food,
and love they can get - and starting in pre-school and Headstart to catch up
to their peers.

Like Daisy, these children know that they are rescued and are so thankful,
although they may express this differently (grin!)

Daisy expressed her love and gratitude when she protected you guys from an
intruder.

I'll bet she and Mitzi are great friends. I wish I had a yard and a friend
for Landon to play with every day!  BTW, I once knew a three-legged Golden
Retriever named "Tripod". He lived in Colorado near my sister's place.  That
dog coould RUN!

Take care,

Lyn and Landon