[nagdu] 2 dogs around the house

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 28 15:05:33 UTC 2010

Like Charlene, I found it very helpful for my husband to take over some of
the care of the older dog when I brought the new dog home.  Mainly, he
takes Echo for walks, and occasionally feeds her and takes her out.  Echo
is much more demanding of attention than Ben is, so she gets plenty of
petting.  Ben gets his share, too, plus all my attention when we're out
together.  They both know they're special.
Echo used to bark like a nut when someone came to the door, though she's
decided it's too much trouble lately.  Ben did not pick up on her barking,
though.  At first, he would give a Woof or two, but he stopped doing even
that.  People thought I had one big loud dog who ran to the door, when
really I had a loud dog who barked, and another one who ran to the door to
see who was there.

Let GDB know you have another dog in the house, and any concerns you may
have, and they'll help you out.  But I don't think you have anything to
worry about.
Tracy