[nagdu] Re NAGDU resolution and guide dogs at zoos

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Thu Jul 1 12:22:05 UTC 2010

Elizabeth,
I like your perspective and you do make a good point that criminal
activity goes both ways.
I'm wondering though why the laws im place for animal cruelty wouldn't
work?
The way I understand it, criminal penalities for busineese are in place
because clearly civil suits aren't getting the job done.
If I do something to harm y dog, whether or not it's a pet or guide or
whatever, there are laws to prosecute me. Why wouldn't this work with
guide dogs? Why is the zoo the example you picked and how far does it
extend? Will I not be able to take my dog to a Jimmy Buffett concert
because people drink at those shows? I'm just trying to get a handle on
what you're proposing and why.