[nagdu] more information on traveling to Mexico with a guide dog

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 18:21:41 UTC 2010

First Carlos from the Tourism board was a wonderful man, second. and I will
post the link for Tamera to post on the NAGDU list, it is there Canada
website but entering Mexico and the Laws of Mexico are the same.

Mexico has an office called Profeco which is spelled P R O F E C O which is
like the ADA down there a consumer affairs office, that also handles
disability issues, all business in Mexico cannot deny access to people with
disabilities and Service Animals.  If you are in a business and someone
business owner is giving you a hard time you can let them know you will call
the Profeco office, you have to be educated where you are traveling.  Which
they will get a big fine there.

Here is the link to what is needed for bringing a cat/dog into mexico and
information about profesco

http://www.sre.gob.mx/canadaingles/

If you are traveling to other countries and need information.  Please do not
hesitate to contact me.  That is what I am here for.

Cheryl Echevarria
Independent Travel Consultant
C10-10646

http://Echevarriatravel.com