[nagdu] I want to connect with Nagdu members from Mexico

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Thu Jul 8 18:26:36 UTC 2010

Hi Cheryl and listers,

I understand this and appreciate all your efforts in getting me the detailed
accurate information; however, I just want to connect with other people in
Mexico who have guide dogs. I also would prefer to carry documentation in
print with me to Mexico that states that guide dogs are allowed to get off
at the port of Cozumel. I know that you didn't understand my reasoning for
doing this. But I just prefer to be safe than sorry and take extra
procautions.  Here in the U.S., many guide dog schools give you pocket size
books with the laws by each state and we carry those around. So why not
carry around something that states the laws for getting off at the port in
Cozumel. Since I have never been to Cozumel, let alone Mexico period, I
don't feel as confident speaking about their laws over there, even though
you have said they are similar to ours here.

I just want to be safe than sorry. I know that it speaks volumes that blind
people have gone to Mexico and taken their dogs, but if I am given any
problems, I want to have documentation. I just don't think it goes very far
just to say to someone in Cozumel, "Oh, but I hear other blind people have
done this before." If I am given trouble at the port with reboarding the
ship with my guide dog, I want to have proof that it is okay. I'm very sure
everything will go smoothly, but I prefer to have all bases covered.

If you can help me with that, great! But I am just very adamant about
carrying the proper documentation that states that it is okay. I will be on
foreign territory and I just don't want any problems whatsoever when it
comes time to reboarding the ship.

Thanks,
Chasity