[nagdu] Guide dogs and airport security

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 22 17:47:46 UTC 2010

Ginger,

I will certainly remember that strategy!  /grin/

I was really happy with the airline staff on Continental when we flew to
convention and back.  I took a red eye, so there was extra room, and they
asked me what seating I preferred and decided to put me in a back row in a
window seat with an empty seat between us and the other passenger on the
row.  That worked very well for my leggy dog and me.  She was good about
being under the seat in front, but those legs just don't fold up well, so I
didn't have to worry about the bits of her that stick out.  /smile/  Then,
of course, on the way back, we got to fly first class.  Much more
comfortable.

So I guess I got a little spoiled on Mitzi's maiden flight, with a nice
little security mess in between.

Tami Smith-Kinney