[nagdu] Guide dogs and airport security

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 22 20:39:28 UTC 2010

Albert,
    When I flew to Dallas for convention, the agent didn't even give me the
choice as to where I would sit, automatically placing me in the bulkhead
seat. Depending upon the aircraft, bulkhead seating is not always the best
for me, as there is sometimes a wall between First-Class and Coach. In such
instances, it is a challenge to accommodate a 100 lbs. dog and a 6'3"
person! when I asked for a different seat, I was told it was the FTA
regulations that I sit in the bulkhead! When they began to argue with me, I
advised them who I was by title and asserted I knew a little more about FTA
regulations as they pertain to disability than they did. I ended up getting
an apology from the pilot!

Fraternally yours,
Marion