[nagdu] dog story

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 20:35:38 UTC 2010

Wonderful.  200 lbs???  Wow! I once had the opportunity to watch a
9-month-old mastiff/greyhound mix playing with a young boxer pup.  /lol/
The rest of us had been watching the mastiff/greyhound pup in amazement and
admiration -- she was gorgeous -- when the boxer pup came in.  It was game
on.  We stood watching and laughing for about 5 seconds.

I have never seen so many humans dive for picnic tables so fast.  All of us
frantically calling our dogs to hide under the table, just in case.  That
was a lot of enormous, fast moving, clumsy puppy!  Very fun to watch,
though. /lol/

Even with our intricately trained dogs leading us around in the big wide
world, it's easy to fall back into long-held beliefs about animal
intelligence...  Until something happens to give one of them a chance to
show us just what's really inside those doggy skulls of theirs!  One of the
real joys of being a first-time owner-trainer turned first-time guide dog
handler has been the many opportunities to see my dog using her incredible
brain to learn and work despite my inexperience.

Stories like these remind me to treasure that while I continue to learn
lessons through the incredible aggravation of being a first-time
owner-trainer turned first-time guide dog handler! /smile/

Love the ten commandments, too.  We get lots of practice around here with
our aging, challenging, patience-trying, permanently in rehab, dearly
beloved coonhound.  /smile/

 Who is reminding me it's play time!

Tami Smith-Kinney