[nagdu] Riding the bus was guide dogs and airport security

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 01:14:33 UTC 2010

Hi Jewel, Sometimes the bus drivers see me at the bus stop and don't even
stop to pick me up.They just drive on by and leave me in the dust. They
don't want to deal with a wheelchair and a dog,or they just don't want to
deal with me. Our drivers don't care if you you are standing or not and I
have been on a bus many times when people have fallen because the driver
started the bus moving before people could get to a seat.No one seems to
complain or sue them,and it just continues to happen.When I tell the driver
what stop I need to get off at,some times they forget or do it on purpose,
and leave me off at the next stop and tell me they did not hear me tell
them. They have left me off at some dangerous stops where there is no side
walk or curb cut. It was one of those times when they let me off at the
wrong stop and Shaman was attacked by a pit bull.I was once waiting at a bus
stop for the bus and my chair started to slide down into a ten foot drop
off. If Nick had not been with me and pulled my chair back,I would have slid
down into a wash with my dog and no one would have been able to see me and
the dog from the road.Scary situation. When Nick and I complained to the bus
company about this unsafe stop, they said they would fix it. That was
7months ago and the bus stop has not changed. It is still very dangerous for
some one in a wheelchair,baby stroller or some child playing by the edge.I
think that the only way this will change is if some one gets killed there.I
just don't know how to get to these people!    Mardi and Shaman and
Nala,retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/