[nagdu] EXTERNAL: Puppy raising

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Jul 28 16:39:26 UTC 2010

Meghan,
Thank you for this. Probably people think that you're training the pup
to replace your current guide. Or, they just like you or like one or
both dogs. Nothing wrong with that.
I'm glad you have the rights in Wisconsin, I just don't think giving
access rights v. privileges to puppies in training is a good use of
resources. NFB and the other blindness and service dog organizations
still have a lot to do with regard to access issues for working teams.
I'd rather see oure fferts go toward that end given that puppy raisers
are able to both ask permission as well as frequent pet friendly places
and activities.